Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Project Organization, Day 15

I haven't had much time this past week to do much organizing... hubby has been working hard and had drill this weekend so I was alone with the boys. I was also busy trying to get the rest of the house back in order.. not that it looks like it right now! Anyway, the latest thing I've tackled are my wooden stamps. Before, I had them stored in a white plastic basket like the picture below... not very conducive to productive stamping! It was so difficult to find a stamp, I'd end up dumping the whole pile on the floor, if I even knew what I had! At least I had one basket for just Christmas, and one basket for everything else which made it a little easier. I really thought about how much I actually stamped. There are a few stamps that I really did love, I just never used them because it was soooo hard to find them. Plus, I tend to use the clear stamps more, and I'm exploring the world of digital stamps. Which made me think... how much space am I willing to use to store these stamps which I don't use very often? I sorted through and got rid of a lot of the stamps.. the picture below are all of the stamps I'm getting rid of....






So then of course my next though was how am I going to store the ones I'm going to keep? I need some sort of flat storage where I can keep them all in one layer. Of course, being the lover of all things Ikea, I already had a few boxes like the ones pictured below (although mine are bigger but I couldn't find them online).

source: www.ikea.com






So here are most of the stamps that I am keeping.. much smaller than what I started out with! There are a few stamps that I got more recently not pictured here... they must be in another box that I haven't sorted through yet, but I don't think I'll need more than this one box. All of these stamps are something I have either recently used, or I have ideas for projects to do with them. I actually may consider buying those smaller boxes at Ikea just to use less space, two should be plenty! We'll see, and for now I'll put it on my wish list with those red boxes!




3 comments:

  1. There's no such thing as too much room for stamps... I solved the space dilemma by unmounting all the ones that were unmountable (some of the cheap ones can't be unglued) and putting them in CD cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CD cases is what I did with all of mine. Love the idea, use allot more of them but just remember to keep the brand name too. I didn't do this and regret it now. Good Luck!

    circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find that organizing is a never-ending task too. just got some of my papers re-done. and am also thinking about getting more folders to categorise them

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com